Orientation for Global BFA in Film Art Students
Welcome to your first summer in Boston! The Office of New Student Programs and Transitions is excited to have you join us for a six-week stay before heading to Paris. During your time on the Boston campus, in addition to your classes, you will participate in an extended Orientation program. During this program, you will have the opportunity to :
- Meet and learn from your fellow Global BFA cohort members;
- Learn techniques and develop skills to help you succeed as a Global BFA student;
- Meet staff who will serve as resources during your time as a Global BFA student;
- Explore Boston and the surrounding areas; and
- HAVE FUN!
- 6:30 pm–9:30 pm EST: Live Zoom Welcome Sessions (links will be emailed)
- 6:30 pm: Orientation Welcome
- 7 pm: Academic Welcome
- 8 pm: Office of International Student Affairs
July 7- August 18
- 11 am–12:30 pm EST: Live Zoom Meetings on Tuesdays
In addition to live sessions, students will attend Boston Inside and Out Social Events & Peer Mentor Check-Ins. These will be shared at the beginning of Orientation.Classes will officially begin on Tuesday, July 7. The orientation schedule will be available in early spring. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to email orientation [at] emerson.edu (subject: Global%20BFA%20Orientation%20) .
Orientation Week at Paris College of Art
Held in the beginning of the fall semester, orientation is a comprehensive, week-long introduction to life as a student at PCA. Through a series of lectures, museum visits, dinners, walking tours, and other activities, new students have the opportunity to discover the French capital and establish themselves as temporary residents. During orientation, students register for classes, open bank accounts and phone contracts, and most importantly, meet the staff, faculty and fellow students who form the school community.