One of the key ingredients for career success is having the ability to present ideas clearly and delivering them confidently. You will learn how to do just that in this highly interactive, one-day workshop, Presenting with Impact: Effective Presentation and Speaking Skills for Business Professionals, led by nationally regarded communication coaches and experts Laurie Schloff and Tori Hollingworth. Build and bolster your toolkit of key messaging and delivery techniques, all at the premier institution for communication: Emerson College.
To be notified when this workshop will be offered again, sign up for our email list.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Increase your comfort and confidence in all communication situations
- Develop a toolkit of best practices in messaging and delivery
- Learn how to sound and look like a leader
- Apply skills to practical situations like meetings and interviews
- Benefit from expert, peer and video coaching
- Create a customized goal plan to continue your progress
- Enhance your career development and success
- Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Techniques for influence and impact
- Messaging and organizational tools
- Easy Steps for Preparing and Practicing Presentations
- Controlling nervousness and challenging situations
- Thinking on your feet
- Speech and body language toolkit
- Application and practice in business situations (1x1 and group meetings, interviews)
- Customized feedback from coaches, peers and video (Bring your smartphone!)
- Individualized action plans for each participant
Please note: All students must hold a minimum of a high school diploma or GED to enroll. Refer to individual course descriptions for any other applicable prerequisites or requirements that may apply.
At the present time, Emerson College is not authorized to issue I-20s for study in its Professional Studies and Special Programs (“PSSP”) courses. Depending on an international student’s immigration status and personal circumstances, enrollment in a PSSP course may be permissible or may result in an immigration status violation. Maintaining valid immigration status while in the United States is the responsibility of the individual, not Emerson College. PSSP staff cannot advise individuals about their immigration status. If you have any questions about the requirements for maintenance of your specific immigration status, please contact the U.S. Consulate in your home country prior to enrolling in a PSSP program.
Emerson College reserves the right to change any provision of its programs and courses at any time. The College specifically reserves the right to change its tuition rates and any other financial charges. The College also reserves the right to rearrange its courses and class hours, to drop courses for which registration falls below the minimum enrollment, and to change instructor assignments.