Program Dates and Costs
- July 11 to July 23, 2021 (including required orientation)
- Presentation: July 23, 2020
Costs per Student
- Politics, Activism & Leadership Institute Credit Tuition: $3274
- Politics, Activism, & Leadership Non-Credit Tuition: $2495
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: $60
Please note: A non-refundable $500 deposit is required upon a student's acceptance of admission into the program. The deposit is to hold the student's seat in the program, and the amount will be applied towards payment of the total bill for the program. If the student later decides they will not attend the program, the $500 deposit is not refundable.
Pre-college programs are not eligible for Emerson college's tuition benefits.
As a student in the Politics, Activism, and Leadership Institute, you will:
- Engage as citizen-leaders in a complex and unpredictable political and cultural environment
- Prepare for a variety of career leadership opportunities in municipalities, business/industry, and non-profit arenas
- Become enlightened to the various areas in which social injustice is perpetuated, including environmental rights, LGBTQIA rights, labor laws, health care access, sexism, racism, among many others
- Become emboldened through important interpersonal and public communication skills as they relate to advocacy positions
- Gain enhanced public speaking skills by creating a Speech of Advocacy in which you will focus on a socially significant topic that you care about and wish to present to a relevant constituency
The weekly schedule is Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).
Sample PAL Topics
Week One Topics
- From Boston to Beijing: Politics, Culture, Communication, and COVID-19
- Tea Parties & Coffee Circles: Political Speechwriting
- From the Ground Up: Grassroots Organizing, Politics, and Social Advocacy
- The Embarrassed and the Shameful: Crises and Scandals in Politics
- Here’s the Scoop: History, Ethics, and Political Journalism
Week Two Topics
- Follow the Leader: Leadership Style and Types
- All of the Above: Public Opinion, Political Campaigns, & COVID-19 Polls
- Making Difference: Conflict Collaboration, People and Social Movements
- Kitchen Sinking Politics: Miscellaneous (yet very important) Political Topics
- Junior Political Citizens Day: Celebrating the Personal and the Political
Emerson College reserves the right to change any provision of this program at any time. The College specifically reserves the right to change its tuition rates and any other financial charges. The College also reserves the right to rearrange its courses and class hours, to drop courses for which registration falls below the minimum enrollment, and to change instructor assignments.