As one of the largest programs of its kind in the country, we’ll prepare you to create both theatre and learning experiences that transform lives and communities.
With two tracks of study, Theatre Educator or Theatre and Community, our courses integrate theory and reflective practice to give you the opportunity to develop skills and expand your knowledge in the art of theatre, the principles of teaching and learning in theatre, and the practices of applied drama and theatre.
Our graduates have gone on to become theatre teachers, community educators, directors, and playwrights, while others have gone on to pursue doctoral degrees.
Program highlights include:
- MA and MFA degree options, which both include the opportunity to choose between two tracks of study; Theatre Educator and Theatre and Community
- Opportunities to teach throughout your program
- A campus rich in theatre culture, with several performance venues including the Tufte Performance and Production Center, the Paramount Center, The Cutler Majestic Theatre, and the Emerson Colonial Theatre
- Centrally located in the heart of Boston’s Theatre District
- Courses are offered nights and evenings to fit your schedule
- No GRE required to apply
- Full-time and part-time options