Meet Your Admission Counselor
|Start Term||Priority Decision||Rolling Admission Through|
|Fall Term (September)||March 1||July 15|
|Spring Term (January)||November 1||December 1|
For official term start dates please review our Academic Calendar.
*Priority Decision Advantages: Priority review for admission, first consideration for scholarships, earlier receipt of an admissions decision, and additional time to find housing and for international students to secure their visa.
- Online Application
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email with your Admission ID. Please use your username and password to log in and check the status of your application.
- Official Transcripts
- Official transcript requirements
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- From persons best able to assess academic and professional qualifications, including motivations and goals.
- Admission Essay: 3 pages, double-spaced (750 words). The prompt for the 2021 application is:
- Explain your short-term and long-term professional goals. What motivates you or makes you passionate about these goals? How will an Emerson education assist you in achieving these goals? Reflecting on any relevant work, educational, or personal experiences, describe how you would contribute to the program and to the profession.
- Include your professional and educational history.
- English Proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or Pearson test results.
- This program supports the issuance of an I-20 for the full duration of the on-campus portion of the program to learn more about applying for an I-20 you can preview the information here. No documentation is required until after you have been admitted.
- International Student Checklist