Expand your communication, public relations, and marketing skills with our Sports Communication (MA).
Analyze and practice all branches of the sports communications field: from digital media coaching and sports event management, to speech writing, sports law and ethics, sports agentry analytics, crisis management, punditry and even online fandom.
Program highlights include:
- Developing and managing corporate and social responsibility and sports diplomacy programs targeting fans, communities, and governments locally and globally
- Planning and executing special events for sports organizations, working with sports industry leaders in the U.S. and abroad, including Boston Red Sox, FC Barcelona, ESPN, Olympics, among others
- Creating strategic sports communication messaging, storytelling to meet the ever-expanding global sports communication punditry, podcasting, and broadcast landscape
- Analyzing, theorizing, and critiquing perspectives of sports communication including insights on effective crisis communication/management
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Courses are available online and in-person and offered in the evenings to fit your schedule
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Join us for a virtual Graduate Admission Overview! During this session, you'll get the opportunity to hear from our admissions counselors and learn more about Emerson College's graduate programs, our community, the admissions process, and more. We hope you'll join us!
4+1 Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Our Sports Communication (MA) is available to current Emerson undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in just one additional year. For more information, visit our 4+1 MA in Sports Communication page.