Meet Your Admission Counselor
|Start Term||Priority Decision||Rolling Admission Through|
|Spring (January)||November 1*||December 1|
|Summer (May/July)||March 1*||May 1|
|Fall (September)||June 1*||July 15|
*Priority Decision Advantages: priority review for admission, first consideration for scholarships, earlier receipt of an admissions decision, and additional time to find housing and for international students to secure their visa.
For official term start dates please review our Academic Calendar.
- Online Application
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email with your Admission ID. Please use your username and password to log in and check the status of your application.
- Official Transcripts
- Official transcript requirements
- 2 letters of recommendation
- From persons best able to assess academic and professional qualifications, including motivations and goals.
- Admission Essay: 2 pages, double-spaced (500 words). Choose one of the essay options below.
- Essay Prompt: Describe your career goals in the area of sports communication and plans for achieving these goals. How will pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Sports Communication at Emerson College help you achieve your goals? Please highlight the intellectual and personal qualifications that will enable you to be successful as a graduate student and as a professional.
- Include your professional and educational history.
- English Proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or Pearson test results.
- This program supports the issuance of an I-20 for the full duration of the on-campus portion of the program. To learn more about applying for an I-20 you can preview the information here. No documentation is required until after you have been admitted.
- International Student Checklist