Emerson’s tight-knit community allows you to build personal relationships with classmates, faculty, and our global alumni network.
Our alumni have gone on to work for companies such as:
- Samuel Adams
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Harvard Business School
Global Networking Opportunities
Emerson’s faculty and alumni span the globe, allowing you exclusive access to our professional networks. Our extensive network connects you to internship and employment opportunities.
Our network has provided students with unique career-building opportunities such as:
- Strategic communication, political, and advocacy support during the U.S. 2016 election, working with international journalists and the U.S. Embassy in Nepal
- Nation-branding seminars in Iceland
- Health communication workshops in Australia and New Zealand
- Campaign work at the Iowa Caucus, California and New Hampshire primaries, and the Republican and Democratic Conventions
- Canadian and Mexican election support
The field of Public Relations is one of the nation’s fastest-growing industries, with a 7% job growth projected over the next 10 years. Students interested in a career in Public Relations will find flexible career opportunities across many industries.
Careers paths you can pursue include:
- Public Relations Strategist
- Digital Strategy Manager
- Executive Communications Director
- Public Affairs Manager
- Content Manager
- Social Media Coordinator