As a graduate of our Political Communication (MA) program, you will become part of a robust alumni network and gain access to the Global Leadership of Emerson Alumni in Political Communication.
Program alumni include:
- Susan DelPercio, Political Correspondent, MSNBC, New York
- Shawn Donnelley, President, Strategic Giving, Chicago
- Jeff Bellows, Vice President of Corporate Citizenship and Public Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- David Calusdian, President, Sharon Merrill, and Associates, Boston
- Kevin Mercuri, CEO, Prophet Communications, New York
- Patrick Morris, Senior Managing Director, Hagin Investment, New York
- Dr. Scott C. Ratzan, Editor, Journal Of Health Communication, Former Vice President of Global Health, Johnson & Johnson
- Phil Maggi, Lobbyist, and Lawyer, Connecticut, and DC.
- John Diamantakiou, Special Assistant to Sen. Robert Dole
- Jeff Kimball, President, United Way
- Katie Prisco-Buxbaum: Campaign Manager Andrea Campbell (Boston Mayoral Election) Former Finance Chair for Kamala Harris for President; Former Finance Chair for Ca. Gov. Gavin Newsome
Global Networking Opportunities
Emerson’s faculty and alumni span the globe, allowing you exclusive access to our professional networks. Our extensive network connects you to internship and employment opportunities. Our extensive network connects you to internship and employment opportunities.
Students interested in international relations and European politics can study for a term in cities like Sydney, Barcelona, and Lisbon. Additionally, you will have opportunities to present research at national and global conferences as well as publication opportunities.
Our network has provided students with unique career-building opportunities such as:
- Strategic communication, political, and advocacy support during the U.S. 2016 election, working with international journalists and the U.S. Embassy in Nepal
- Nation-branding seminars in Iceland
- Health communication workshops in Australia and New Zealand
- Campaign work at the Iowa Caucus, California and New Hampshire primaries, and the Republican and Democratic Conventions
- Canadian and Mexican election support
Our approach to practical learning experiences ensures graduates complete the Political Communication (MA) program with the skills needed to advance their careers.
Careers paths you can pursue post-graduation include:
- Campaign managers
- Event Managers
- NGO advocates
- Chiefs of Staff
- Social Media Content Managers
- Public Relations Strategists
- Digital Strategy Managers
- Public Affairs Managers