With Emerson’s Journalism MA you will learn the core values of a profession that’s crucial to protecting democracy. Starting day one you will hit the streets and report and produce stories in text, audio, and video format.
Throughout your program you will collaborate with your peers in a state-of-the-art newsroom and production facility, gaining hands-on experience working with industry-standard tools.
Program highlights include:
- No GRE requirements to apply
- 13-month full-time program or 2-year-long part-time program
- Faculty mentors who have built successful careers at CNN, CBS, NPR, The Washington Post, and more
- Hybrid program format, with the program beginning and ending 100% online with residence only required for the Fall and Spring semesters
- Access to a state-of-the-art newsroom and production facility
- Internship opportunities at a professional news organization
- An Emerson-provided CreativityKit that includes the latest industry-standard technology
Request More Information
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Join us for a virtual glimpse into the Journalism MA program and learn how to create a multimedia project. You will learn about the future of digital books. Our faculty will showcase how to put together your own interactive digital project, target your audience, develop your content, assemble with layout software, launch with marketing campaign.