Create, challenge, inspire, and inform through media art in our MFA in Film and Media Art program.
You will develop an understanding of film, video, audio, and interactive media production—and you will channel this understanding into the creation of multimedia works. Work with image and sound, and traditional and emergent media forms. To ensure that creative, talented students at all experience levels find a place in our program, we give you the opportunity to apply to the three-phase curriculum at whichever level best matches your experience.
- Explore a variety of media production genres and develop expertise in the use of media technologies, criticism and theory, and media business
- Learn from faculty members who are themselves working artists (and whose ranks include Guggenheim and Fulbright fellows) and build a network of creative partnerships that will inspire and support you in your artistic career
- Use our state-of-the-art facilities and immerse yourself in your specific area of interest, producing an ongoing body of work within a collaborative, creative environment
- No GRE requirements to apply
- 2-3 year-long program with advanced standing opportunities available for those with prior experience
- Classes offered day & night to fit your schedule
Request for Information
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Join us for a virtual glimpse into our Film and Media Art (MFA) program! During this interactive event, we'll go over some key language and concepts related to cinematography to give you a sense of how we approach cinematic theory and production in the Film and Media Art (MFA) program at Emerson.