Find your inner voice and tell your story. With exceptional writing opportunities available at your fingertips, by the time you graduate you will have completed a professional thesis, a novel or novel excerpt, a nonfiction book or excerpt, or a collection of poems, short stories, or essays—ready for consideration by agents and publishing houses or for digital publication.
Program Highlights Include
- Focus on your genre of choice: poetry, nonfiction, or fiction
- Develop your literary voice and explore the history and context of your chosen genre
- Explore different forms of writing through your electives, including fiction to nonfiction, poetry to screenwriting, digital to traditional publishing, and more
- Experiences outside of the classroom include teaching creative writing in our Writing Studies Program and editing journals such as Ploughshares and Redivider
- No GRE requirements to apply
- Full-time and part-time options and classes are offered evenings and nights to fit your schedule
Request More Information
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Join us for a virtual glimpse into the Creative Writing MFA and learn how to capture your reader on page one. With so many things competing for readers’ attention, you have less time than ever to get readers invested in your story. It’s important to attract and maintain their interest as soon as possible. What are you waiting for? Let’s get on with it. We will offer some suggestions and tips.