The Emerson Los Angeles Career Advisory Network (ELA CAN) is a unique opportunity for currently enrolled Emerson Los Angeles students to build personal connections within the Los Angeles alumni network to better prepare you for your career beyond Emerson LA.
As a participant in the program, you will:
- Gain professional insight from alumni working in the Los Angeles area.
- Receive special access to panels designed specifically for the program, including Q&A opportunities with alumni panelists.
- Meet for post-panel discussions with an Alumni Advisor in small groups that allow for deeper conversations and individualized advice.
To participate in the program, you must commit to the following three events at Emerson Los Angeles. Each event will consist of a 30-45 minute panel (featuring a small group of Alumni Advisors) or a speed-networking opportunity followed by an hour-long breakout session where your Alumni Advisor will lead a discussion with your assigned group. Dinner will be provided at each session.
Session 1: Friday, September 11, 2020, 7:00–9:30 pm PT
Session 2: Friday, October 16, 2020, 7:00–9:30 pm PT
Session 3: Friday, November 20, 2020, 7:00–9:30 pm PT
- Signing up for this program means you are committing to attend all three sessions.
- Participation in this program can be submitted to your internship course instructor for credit toward your Professional Development assignment.
- Keep in mind this is a professional networking opportunity. Please dress appropriately and come prepared to engage.
- This program is a networking opportunity designed to build relationships and provide career advice. This is not a job placement program.
How do I sign up?
Fill out and submit this questionnaire, which will be used to match you with your advisor. The CAN Committee will contact you at the beginning of the semester before the program begins with more information.
Email ELA_CAN [at] emerson.edu for more information.