The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship is committed to providing researchers with tools that can assist them in their research. Below are several resources that faculty members may use as needed.
- Workday Guide for Principal Investigators. The Workday Guide for Principal Investigators has been developed by the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship to assist Emerson College Principal Investigators who use the Workday financial system to carry out their sponsored research and scholarly activities. ORCS has tried to capture and explain the most important interactions a Principal Investigator is likely to have with Workday as s/he pursues their funded projects based on documentation provided by Accounting.
- Writing a Winning Proposal in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Dr. Cynthia Verba of Harvard University offers tips and strategies for crafting a persuasive funding proposal in this detailed handout.
- I Learn - Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). I LEARN is the Tufts CTSI interactive education website. There are several courses that are of interest to faculty members at Emerson College, including Grant Writing, Developing and Managing your Research Career, and Research Design and Data Analysis.
- Grant Training. ORCS has created a listing of several websites that focus on grant training and/or offer workshops and information on grants.
- CITIprogram Training. The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship has a subscription with CITIprogram.org to assist researchers with learning about the Responsible Conduct of Research and Human Subjects Research. These courses are offered to help researchers stay in compliance with Emerson College's Research Integrity Training policy.
- Proposal Writing and Grantsmanship: A Talk and Q&A with Cynthia Verba of Harvard University. Recently, Dr. Cynthia Verba addressed a group of faculty interested in getting her take on what makes for a successful proposal, and how to navigate an increasingly challenging sponsored funding landscape. Dr. Verba is a Harvard scholar and the Director of the Office of Graduate Research Fellowships, and a frequent advisor to faculty in proposal development. A transcript of some highlights from her talk is available here.
- "Applying for Internal Grants Funding at Emerson College" Workshop. In September 2016, ORCS conducted its first workshop for Emerson faculty on the College’s internal grants programs, and the principles behind effective proposal writing and grants management. The slides from that presentation can be found here.