If you need additional time to complete your degree (including taking one or more classes over summer), you must submit a request for an I-20 extension. An extension request must include:

  • A written recommendation from your academic advisor.
  • Documentation of financial support for your extension period.

NOTE: Failure to request a timely extension of your I-20 prior to its expiration may lead to termination of your SEVIS record, which would jeopardize your lawful immigration status in the U.S.