Most graduate students have two major needs when considering finance options for a college education:
- Obtaining manageable monthly payments.
- Minimizing the total cost of education.
To meet both of these goals, we recommend the following:
- Reduce your need to borrow by paying as much as you can directly to Emerson College or through the Tuition Payment Plan.
- Investigate the terms of available loan programs if you decide to borrow.
- Begin with an equal combination of loan and payment plan options to meet the financed amount.
- Determine what you can afford. If you can pay more monthly, increase your amount in the Tuition Payment Plan. If you need smaller monthly payments, increase the amount of the loan(s).
Types of Loans
If you need to borrow, learn more about all available loan types: