Global Perspectives on Public Relations
Postponed until Winter 2022/2023.
This two-week program takes students to the Sydney suburb of Manly during the Winter Intersession (summer in Australia) to take a deep dive into public relations and strategy from a global perspective. Participating students will earn 4 credits during this intensive, faculty-led program, and will return to Boston prepared to tackle advanced topics in global communication, public relations, and strategy.
Program Eligibility & Admission
- Recommended for Communication Studies, Sports Communication, and Public Relations majors, but open to all undergraduate students.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by date of travel.
- Gain a practical, strategic, and technical understanding of international public relations and strategy topics, including media relations, social media, branding, media management, crisis communication, and more.
- Explore how brands navigate various forms of media across borders.
- Attend guest lectures on media strategies and immigration policy in the Australian context.
- Celebrate the New Year near Sydney’s famous harbour and Opera House.
- Visit the Sydney Summer Olympics site - the home of Australian Football.
- Experience the summer surf culture Down Under.
- Be steps away from some of the world’s most famous beaches such as Coogee, Bondi, and Manly.
All students enroll in the following course option:
- CC 372 - Topics in Communication Studies (4 credits)
COURSELOAD NOTE: Students undertaking winter intersession programs will have the course count toward their overall spring term courseload. Thus, any students participating on the program should either adjust their spring courseload to 12 credits as opposed to 16 credits or plan to overload on their spring registration.
FINANCIAL AID NOTE: Students undertaking winter intersession programs will be able to utilize financial aid toward the tuition portion of their program fees ONLY. Aid will not be applicable toward non-tuition charges.
Costs & Inclusions
Program Fee: TBD
Included in Program Fee
- Daily breakfast and some additional meals
- Campus-based student accommodations
- Registration Fee
- Airport pick-up transportation
- Local transportation passes (for trains, buses and ferries)
- Included program excursions
Not included in Program Fee
- Round trip Airfare (Est. $2,200)
- Tuition for 4 credits
- Airport drop-off for return flight
- Some meals and incidental expenses
- Passports (or Visas)
- International Health Insurance*
*Health Insurance Coverage: Participants must have an insurance plan that provides coverage while abroad. If you feel your current insurance is not adequate, please research a plan that is. For information on Supplemental Health Plans, please visit our Health Insurance Requirements page.
Subject to change.