The CHW offers nutrition counseling with Elizabeth Avery, our registered dietitian. The CHW has collaborative relationships with both Dining Services and the Fitness Center.
Initial nutrition appointments are 45 minutes and cover a variety of topics, including:
- Current diet and medical history;
- Weight and weight history;
- Exercise and exercise history;
- Past medical history; and
- Goals for best health.
Common reasons to see the nutritionist are:
- You are an athlete and want to maintain the best physical condition for performance.
- You have an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia, or you have disordered eating without a diagnosis of an eating disorder, and you wish to seek help.
- You are underweight or overweight and wish to create goals to help you achieve a healthy weight and lifestyle.
- You are of normal weight and are interested in hearing the facts about nutrition as it relates to your general health.
- You have a medically related condition such as diabetes, food intolerance or allergy, a heart disease such as hypertension or high cholesterol, or a gastrointestinal disease that requires nutrition intervention/medical nutrition therapy.
Students must complete the nutrition assessment form and bring it to their first appointment.
Follow-up appointments are encouraged as a way to continue to work toward your goals. Call us at 617-824-8666 to schedule an initial or follow-up appointment.