The Encore Scholarship demonstrates Emerson’s commitment to helping our graduates stay competitive in the job market. Qualified alumni of Emerson College are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction for participating master's degree programs.
Emerson is proud to announce several exciting updates to the Encore Scholarship program. The program is now available to a host of graduate degrees and certificate programs. Also, alumni from both undergraduate and graduate programs are now eligible to receive scholarship benefits.
Contact the Graduate Admission Office at 617-824-8610 to speak with someone directly about eligible programs.
Alumni eligible for the Encore Scholarship will receive:
- Application Fee Waiver
- 25% Off Tuition for full- or part-time study
The Encore Scholarship can be used for full-time or part-time study in the following programs:
- Business of Creative Enterprises (MA)
- Digital Content Management (Certificate)
- Journalism (MA)
- Media Design (MA)
- Political Communication (MA)
- Popular Fiction Writing and Publishing (MFA)
- Public Relations (MA)
- Public Relations (Certificate)
- Publishing and Writing (MA)
- Theatre Education/Applied Theatre (MA)
- Sports Communication (MA)
- Strategic Marketing Communication (MA)
- Writing for Film and Television (MFA)
Please note: non-degree and professional studies degree programs are not eligible and plus one (Undergraduate + 1 year graduate) programs are not eligible.
Who Is Eligible
In order to be eligible for an Encore Scholarship, each applicant must:
- Be a new enrolling student;
- Have graduated with an Emerson College bachelor's or master's degree (with the exception of Theatre Education MA alumni pursuing the MFA in Theatre Education and Applied Theatre);
- Be accepted into one of the participating master’s degree programs. A complete application, including all required materials, must be submitted by the corresponding admission priority deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed and is determined by each individual program; and
- Maintain a 3.2 cumulative GPA each semester of graduate study enrollment.
How It Works
The Encore Scholarship awards eligible Emerson graduates with a 25% reduction on tuition.
- The 25% reduction is on tuition only and the student must finance the remaining cost of the degree.
- The Encore scholarship can be used one time only.
- If a qualified Emerson graduate receives other grant aid from Emerson College, then he or she will only receive one scholarship and will be given the award of higher value.
- Student must maintain a 3.2 cumulative GPA each semester of graduate study enrollment.
- Applications must be received by the priority deadline for the program of interest.
To be eligible for the Encore Scholarship, students must be fully admitted into a master's degree program. The Encore Scholarship cannot be held concurrently with any other College-funded or externally funded financial award.