Performing Arts: Theatre Design/Technology BFA
Your résumé plays a minor role in your admission decision. It provides us with some insight into your experiences and interests. All performing arts applicants must submit a theatrical résumé that may include, but is not limited to, their experience in:
One copy of your Résumé should be submitted through the Artistic Review section of the Application Portal and one copy included in your portfolio.
Your portfolio should consist of up to 20 samples of creative work. These examples of your creative work should document your work in the theater, but may also include:
- Art sketches
- Video or audio tapes
- Photos of scale models, ceramics, or sculptures
- Evidence of fashion design and construction techniques
- Evidence of fashion hair and make-up techniques
- Jewelry designs
- Computer graphics
- Graphic designs
- Evidence of special engineering or mechanical skills
- Evidence of puppetry design and construction techniques
Please include a copy of your résumé in your portfolio and remember to bring your portfolio to your interview. Your portfolio will be returned to you at the end of your interview.
Your interview plays a primary role in your admission decision. It gives us the opportunity to discuss your portfolio with you, evaluate your talent and potential, and determine if you would be compatible with our program.
How to Schedule your Telephone Interview
- Apply to Emerson College
- Once you receive your Emerson College ID, log in to the Emerson Application Portal and, under “Performing Arts Artistic Review,” select “Access Artistic Review.”
- Select “Schedule my Interview” from your Artistic Review Checklist and, on the scheduling page, find the link to Slideroom. Set up a free Slideroom account with your Emerson ID and upload your portfolio according to the portfolio guidelines above and the instructions on Slideroom.
- Once Performing Arts has received your portfolio we will contact you by email to set up a 30-minute phone interview time in accordance with our Artistic Review schedule.
- Please be advised that the scheduling of Artistic Reviews is a first-come, first-served process completed by you, the applicant, and space is limited, especially for Artistic Reviews outside of Boston.