Performing Arts: Theatre Design/Technology BFA
Your résumé plays a minor role in your admission decision. It provides us with some insight into your experiences and interests. All performing arts applicants must submit a theatrical résumé that may include, but is not limited to, their experience in:
- Design (for any design aspect of a production)
- House/Stage management
- Music (singing, instruments, composing, etc.)
- Technical run crews
- Classes, workshops, special training
One copy of your Résumé should be submitted through the Artistic Review section of the Application Portal and one copy included in your portfolio.
Your portfolio should consist of up to 20 samples of creative work. These examples of your creative work should document your work in the theater, but may also include:
- Art sketches
- Video or audio tapes
- Photos of scale models, ceramics, or sculptures
- Evidence of fashion design and construction techniques
- Evidence of fashion hair and make-up techniques
- Jewelry designs
- Computer graphics
- Graphic designs
- Evidence of special engineering or mechanical skills
- Evidence of puppetry design and construction techniques
Please include a copy of your résumé in your portfolio and remember to bring your portfolio to your interview. Your portfolio will be returned to you at the end of your interview.
Your interview plays a primary role in your admission decision. It gives us the opportunity to discuss your portfolio with you, evaluate your talent and potential, and determine if you would be compatible with our program.
How to Schedule your Telephone Interview
- Apply to Emerson College
- Once you receive your Emerson College ID, log in to the Emerson Application Portal and, under Application Checklist, select "Schedule your Performing Arts Interview".
- When selecting an interview time, be sure to select "Theatre Design/Technology Telephone Interview". If you do not see that option, do not select anything else, it means all phone interview slots for that day are currently full, please look into another day.
- Once you have selected a telephone interview slot, you will be asked to enter the phone number at which you will be contacted for your interview, and a new link will be placed on your Application Checklist asking you to upload your portfolio. You must upload your portfolio AT LEAST 48 hours before your scheduled interview.