Performing Arts: Stage and Production Management BFA
Your résumé plays a minor role in your admission decision. All performing arts applicants must submit a theatrical résumé that may include, but is not limited to, their experience in:
- Design (for any design aspect of a production)
- House/Stage management
- Music (singing, instruments, composing, etc.)
- Technical run crews
- Classes, workshops, special training
One copy of your Résumé should be submitted through the Artistic Review section of the Application Portal and one copy included in your portfolio.
Your portfolio should consist of partial production scripts that best highlight your work (entire scripts are not necessary) and any accompanying or relevant paperwork such as:
- Contact sheets
- Rehearsal and production schedules
- Scene breakdowns
- Rehearsal reports
- Property running sheets
- Cueing sheets
We recommend that your portfolio be limited to one three-ring binder no larger than one and a half inches thick.
Please include a copy of your résumé in your portfolio and remember to bring your portfolio to your interview. Your portfolio will be returned to you at the end of your interview.
Your interview plays a primary role in your admission decision. It gives us the opportunity to discuss your portfolio with you, evaluate your talent and potential, and determine if you would be compatible with our program.
How to Schedule your Telephone Interview
- Apply to Emerson College
- Once you receive your Emerson College ID, log in to the Emerson Application Portal and under your Application Checklist, select "Schedule your Performing Arts Interview".
- You may select any interview time listed as a "Stage and Production Management Interview". You will then be asked if you would like it be "In-person", or "phone". Select "phone".
- After selecting your telephone interview time and entering the phone number at which you will be contacted for your interview, a new link will be placed on your Application Checklist asking you to upload your portfolio. You must upload your portfolio AT LEAST 48 hours before your scheduled interview.