We welcome students who have completed their high school subject matter through home-schooling. Our admission requirements for home-schooled students are the same used for students attending a public or private high school. We encourage you to carefully review our requirements to ensure that we receive the necessary documentation needed to assess your application for admission and enrollment.
As with all applicants, be sure to view important application deadlines, supporting credentials, major-specific requirements, and other materials needed to complete your application.
Home-school transcripts must include the following information:
- Student’s name, address, phone number, date of birth
For each high-school grade level (grade 9, 10, 11, 12):
- Grade earned in each course
- If grade 12 courses have not been completed, please indicate the courses the student will be attempting to complete.
- Grading scale used to determine grades
- Date of graduation
- Home-school registration number from your state Department of Education (if applicable)
- Notarized signature of the home school administration
Please also submit a photocopy of the SAT I or ACT score report received by the student. No handwritten transcripts or test scores are accepted.
Requirement to Enroll
If you are admitted and plan to enroll at Emerson, you must demonstrate that you have fulfilled high school graduation requirements by providing one of the following:
- A certified high school diploma
- A letter from a local school district official or state education agency certifying that you have received an education substantially equivalent to instruction given to students graduating from high school in a public or private institution
- A Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED)