Multicultural Student Affairs
Emerson College is committed to fostering a hospitable environment in which young men and women from different ethnic and racial backgrounds can face the challenges of academic and professional life in an ever-changing world.
The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs stands as a testament to this commitment by providing a wide range of support services including programming, student organizations, and a gathering place specially designed for its multicultural students.
The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs provides a wide range of support services including programming, student organizations, and a gathering place specially designed for its multicultural students.
Statement of Purpose
- Support and enhance the integration of all multicultural students into the wider College community.
- Encourage multicultural students to maximize their chances for successful academic and social development by becoming full participants in the curricular and extra-curricular activities of campus life.
- Engender and maintain an atmosphere where different ethnic and racial viewpoints are disseminated, understood, and respected.
Services & Programs
- Advocate for the academic, social, and cultural needs of multicultural students.
- Advise and counsel students on personal, educational, and financial issues.
- Establish affiliations and create networking opportunities with students, faculty, and staff on the Emerson campus as well as students and professionals in and around the Greater Boston area.
- Assist students in their search for scholarship, grant, fellowship, internship, and employment offerings.
- Support the recruitment, orientation, and retention of multicultural students, staff, and faculty.
- Mentor and guide the multicultural student organizations.
- Provide educational, cultural, and social multicultural programming.