Counseling and Psychological Services
What is a psychological emergency?
If you are having thoughts of suicide, impulses to hurt yourself or someone else, severe mental confusion or disorientation, or if you have just experienced violence or sexual assault, contact Emergency Services immediately.
During Office Hours (Monday–Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm)
- Contact our office: 617-824-8595
After Office Hours
- Contact Emerson College Police at 617-824-8888
- Call 911
- Visit your local emergency room
What if it's not an emergency but I’m really upset?
At times of distress that do not reach the level of a crisis or emergency, there are several things you can do to cope with and reduce distress. Here are a few suggestions:
- Write in a journal
- Talk to a friend, family member, or trusted clergy member
- Exercise, preferably outdoors if weather permits
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Listen to music
- Engage your creative energy or talent
- Watch a movie or favorite television show
- Daydream about a favorite activity
- Recall a pleasant memory, focusing on the images, sounds, and sensations that are associated with the memory
To make an appointment with Counseling and Psychological Services, contact our office at 617-824-8595.
WELCOME TO EMERSON COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES!
To all New and Returning Students!
We’re here to help you make your transition to Emerson a smooth and successful one. Check out these tips on how choices around sleep, exercise, and self-care can impact your emotional well-being!
216 Tremont Street, Second Floor
8:45 am–5:00 pm
Closed 12:00–1:00 pm
MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCIES
Contact us: 617-824-8595
After office hours, contact Emerson College Police at 617-824-8888, call 911, or go to your local emergency room.