Counseling and Psychological Services
What is a psychological emergency?
If you are having thoughts of suicide, impulses to hurt yourself or someone else, severe mental confusion or disorientation, or if you have just been a victim of violence or a sexual assault, contact Emergency Services immediately.
During Office Hours (Monday–Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm)
- Contact our office: 617-824-8595
After Office Hours
- Contact Emerson College Police at 617-824-8888
- Call 911
- Visit your local emergency room
What if it's not an emergency but I’m really upset?
At times of distress that do not reach the level of a crisis or emergency, there are several things you can do to cope with and reduce distress. Here are a few suggestions:
- Write in a journal
- Talk to a friend, family member, or trusted clergy member
- Exercise, preferably outdoors if weather permits
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Listen to music
- Engage your creative energy or talent
- Watch a movie or favorite television show
- Daydream about a favorite activity
- Recall a pleasant memory, focusing on the images, sounds, and sensations that are associated with the memory
To make an appointment with Counseling and Psychological Services, contact our office at 617-824-8595.
WELCOME TO EMERSON COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES!
To all New and Returning Students!
We’re here to help you make your transition to Emerson a smooth and successful one. Check out these tips on how choices around sleep, exercise, and self-care can impact your emotional well-being!
216 Tremont Street, Second Floor
8:45 am–5:00 pm
Closed 12:00–1:00 pm
MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCIES
Contact us: 617-824-8595
After office hours, contact Emerson College Police at 617-824-8888, call 911, or go to your local emergency room.