Resident Assistant Selection 2014-2015
The Office of Housing and Residence Life would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Resident Assistant (RA) selection process for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Our office strives to hire and train an RA Staff that is:
- Sensitive to student issues and problems
- Able to confront difficult situations
- Committed to residence hall living
- Adeptly skilled at handling conflicts
- Actively maintaining a positive community and healthy relationships with their residents
- Representative of the diverse Emerson community; eager to support and enhance diversity within our residences
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, responsible, and composed of strong motivators
We don’t expect all candidates to be experienced in each of these areas, but we are seeking students who have the motivation and potential to become strong peer advocates.
Applications available starting Sunday, December 1, 2013
RA Information Sessions (Information Sessions are no longer mandatory to apply.)
- Friday, December 6th in the Multipurpose Room from 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Friday, January 17th in the Cabaret from 2:15pm – 3:15pm
Applications due in the Office of Housing and Residence Life by 5pm on Thursday, January 23, 2014
Group Process (small group activities):
- Friday, January 24 from 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday, January 25 from 9:30am – 2:00pm
Decisions to Interview Sent: Friday, February 31
Individual Interviews: the week of February 10 – 14
- Interview team typically consists of a Pro Staff member and 1-2 RAs
Decision Emails Sent: Thursday, February 27
Feedback Meeting with Candidates: the week of March 17 – 21
If you have any specific questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Seth Grue, Associate Director of Residence Life, at 617-824-8620 or email at email@example.com. All applications must be turned in by Thursday, January 23 at 5:00 pm.
Making the transition from home life to college life isn't always an easy one. Luckily the Resident Assistants (RAs) make that transition easier. Find out how the RAs help residents 24/7.