Resident Assistant Selection 2015-2016
The Office of Housing and Residence Life would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Resident Assistant (RA) selection process for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Our office strives to hire and train an RA Staff that is:
- Sensitive to student issues and problems
- Able to confront difficult situations
- Committed to residence hall living
- Adeptly skilled at handling conflicts
- Actively maintaining a positive community and healthy relationships with their residents
- Representative of the diverse Emerson community; eager to support and enhance diversity within our residences
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, responsible, and composed of strong motivators
We don’t expect all candidates to be experienced in each of these areas, but we are seeking students who have the motivation and potential to become strong peer advocates.
RA Applications are now available online: Complete the RA Application »
Please log on with your Emerson Username (first_last) and password. Once you have logged into the website click on “Job Posting” in the left hand column and that will bring you to the beginning of the application process.
RA Information Sessions (Information Sessions are no longer mandatory to apply.)
- Friday, October 24, Beard Room, 1:30pm–3:00pm
- Friday, November 14, Walker Building 233, 1:30pm–2:00pm
- Wednesday, December 3, Beard Room, 1:30pm–3:00pm
- Friday, January 23, Beard Room, 1:30pm–3:00pm
Applications due by 5pm on Thursday, January 29, 2015 (late applications will not be accepted)
Group Process (small group activities):
- Friday, January 30 from 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday, January 31 from 9:30am – 2:00pm
Decisions to Interview Sent: Friday, February 6
Individual Interviews: the week of February 17–20
- Interview team typically consists of a Pro Staff member and 1-2 RAs
Decision Emails Sent: Thursday, March 5
If you have any specific questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Seth Grue, Associate Director of Residence Life, at 617-824-8620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.