Thanksgiving Break Housing
Thanksgiving Break 2015
The Piano Row, Colonial, Paramount, and Little Building residence halls are closed for Thanksgiving Break from noon on Wednesday, November 25, 2015, through noon on Sunday, November 29, 2015. As a result, all students must vacate the halls during this period. The Office of Housing and Residence Life understands that extenuating circumstances may prevent some students from being able to vacate the halls during this time. Therefore, for students demonstrating a need to remain on campus, one residence hall will provide limited housing accommodations during this period.
Because the academic year housing contract does not cover the costs incurred with break housing, students who apply to stay for Thanksgiving Break are responsible to pay a nominal fee that will be determined by early October 2015. For reference, the fee for Thanksgiving Break 2014 was $65.
Students wishing to remain on campus for any portion of the Thanksgiving Break period are responsible to pay the entire housing fee.
Things to Remember
- Students staying in the residence hall used for Thanksgiving Break (this year it is the LB), who do not live in that building during the academic year, are required to make arrangements with a current resident of the building who will host them in their room during the break. Host and guest need to arrange a time to exchange keys prior to the start of the break period.
- Guests are responsible for their host’s space and keys during the break period. Any damage or key charges from the break period will be assessed to the student staying in the room over the break.
- Residents are responsible to bring their own pillows, bed linens, towels, and other personal items needed during the break period.
- The meal plan will not be in effect during the break period.
- Students staying on campus for Thanksgiving Break will be required to work as a Desk Assistant for a minimum of two desk shifts. Students must complete the online application process BEFORE they are permitted to sit desk. Students will be compensated for any time served in this capacity. Students who do not complete their desk duty will jeopardize their future break housing privileges. All students staying for Thanksgiving Break are required to attend a desk training meeting at noon on Wednesday, November 25, 2015, at the LB Welcome desk.
- All College policies remain in effect during this period. Students found in violation are subject to losing vacation housing, as well as facing charges through the student conduct system.
- Guests (any individual entering the facility not approved to live in the residence hall during the break period) are allowed in your Thanksgiving Break Housing room or in the room of other Thanksgiving Break Housing residents ONLY. Guests must be escorted in the building at all times, and guests are not permitted in the building between 12:00 midnight and 6:00 am.
For students who need to stay on campus during Thanksgiving Break for extenuating circumstances:
You must do the following
- Complete and submit the Thanksgiving Break Housing Application.
- Submit the Thanksgiving Break payment starting in mid-October.
- Complete the online application for the Thanksgiving Break Desk Assistant position, which will be available starting in mid-October.
late Thanksgiving break applications will not be accepted.