Housing & Dining
Spring Break Housing 2013
The Piano Row, Colonial, Paramount, and Little Building residence halls are closed for Spring Break from noon on Saturday, March 2, 2013 through noon on Sunday, March 10, 2013. As a result, all students must vacate the halls during this period.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life understands that extenuating circumstances may prevent some students from being able to vacate the halls during this time. Therefore, for students demonstrating a need to remain on campus, one residence hall will provide limited housing accommodations during this period.
Because the academic year housing contract does not cover the costs incurred with break housing, students who apply to stay for Spring Break are responsible to pay a nominal housing fee of $120 on eCommon starting in February.
Students wishing to remain on campus for any portion of the Spring Break period are responsible for paying the entire housing fee.
Things to Remember
- Students staying in the residence hall used for Spring Break (usually it is the LB), who do not live in that building during the academic year, are required to make arrangements with a current resident of the building who will host them in their room during the break. Host and guest need to arrange a time to exchange keys prior to the start of the break period.
- Guests are responsible for their host’s space and keys during the break period. Any damage or key charges from the break period will be assessed to the student staying in the room over the break.
- Residents are responsible to bring their own pillows, bed linens, towels, and other personal items needed during the break period.
- The meal plan will not be in effect during the break period.
- Students staying on campus for Spring Break will be required to work as a desk receptionist for a minimum of 2 desk shifts. Students must complete the online application process BEFORE they are permitted to sit desk. Students will be compensated at a rate of $8/hour for any time served in this capacity. Students who do not complete their desk duty will jeopardize their future break housing privileges. All students staying for Spring Break are required to attend a desk training meeting at noon on Saturday, March 2, 2013 at the Welcome desk of the hall used for Spring Break.
- All College policies remain in effect during this period. Students found in violation are subject to losing vacation housing, as well as facing charges through the student conduct system.
- Guests (any individual entering the facility not approved to live in the residence hall during the break period) are allowed in your Spring Break Housing room or in the room of other Spring Break Housing residents ONLY. Guests must be escorted in the building at all times, and guests are not permitted in the building between 12:00 midnight and 6:00 am.
Students who need to stay in Boston for extenuating circumstances
You must do the following:
- Complete and submit the Spring Break Housing Application. This application will be due by noon on Monday, February 25, 2013.
- Submit the Spring Break payment of $120 on eCommon.
- Complete the online application for the Spring Break Desk Assistant position on eCampus.
This process must be completed no later than noon on Monday, February 25, 2013. late spring break applications will not be accepted.
Here's what a single room looks like at Emerson College.