Housing Selection Process
Learning Communities Selection (LC)
Learning Communities (LCs) are designed for students with similar interests who would like to incorporate these interests into their living environment. Each floor is governed by a steering committee comprised of the RD, the RA, and residents of the floor. Students will be expected to meet floor requirements as a prerequisite for continued residence in a Learning Community.
LC selection provides students with an interest in living in one of Emerson’s seven Learning Communities with the option of applying for a specific community.
How to apply
- Review the descriptions of the available LCs and determine which one looks most appealing.
- Complete the Learning Community Application page of the online application by 11:59 pm EST on Friday March 20, 2015.
Things to know if applying for an LC
- Applications are not approved on a first-come, first-served basis, so please take your time in completing the online application.
- The steering committee will review applications and evaluate the applicant's level of commitment to the Community’s focus and potential for contribution to the program, and then pass their recommendation of approve or deny to Housing Operations.
On March 30, students will receive an email to their Emerson email account regarding their status within LC selection along with directions on how to select housing.
Students approved to select into their preferred LC will receive an email to their Emerson account specifying the community and building into which they can select as well as the day and time for selection.
Students denied to select into their preferred LC will be assigned to Open Housing Selection and will receive an email notifying them of the time and location of selection. During Open Housing Selection, students will have the chance to select into any available room not in a Learning Community.
Learning Communities for the 2015-2016 academic year
Housing Selection Timeline
OHRL will send out emails to students’ Emerson email addresses:
- For Rising Sophomores, this letter will confirm for you that you are a rising sophomore and under the residency requirement.
- For Rising Juniors, this letter will inform you whether you have been offered housing or not.
February 18- March 20
Submit your online Housing Application if you are under the residency requirement (Rising Sophomores) or offered housing through the Rising Junior Housing Lottery or the Financial Appeals Process (Rising Juniors). Review deadline to submit your application by 11:59 pm on Friday, March 6.
Deadline to submit Financial Appeal Request.
March 4-March 10
Financial Appeals Committee reviews requests and shares decisions with students.