Housing Selection Process
For Rising Sophomores
You are considered a rising sophomore if you:
- Started Emerson as a new student in fall 2014 or spring 2015
- Started Emerson as a transfer (freshman) student in fall 2014 or spring 2015 and are living on campus in spring 2015
Housing Selection Process and You
As a Rising Sophomore:
- You are required to live on campus for the academic year 2015-2016
- If you are planning to take classes on the Boston campus for both Fall 2015 and Spring 2016, you are required to live on campus.
- If you don’t want to live on campus, refer to Housing Exemption process.
- If you do want to live on campus, there is nothing you need to do until the Housing Selection Process starts.
If you are planning to attend an External Program for either Fall 2015 or Spring 2016, you are required to live on campus in Boston during the opposite semester.
- If you don’t want to live on the Boston campus the opposite semester of your External Program semester, refer to the Housing Exemption Process.
If you do want to live on campus the opposite semester of your External Program semester:
- If you will be in Boston for Fall 2015, there is nothing you need to do until the Housing Selection Process starts. You do not need to pay a $300 deposit.
- If you will be in Boston for Spring 2016, you will not participate in the Housing Selection Process. Instead, you will be contacted by the Office of Housing and Residence Life in early Fall 2015 about your preferences for where you want to live in Spring 2016.
Housing Selection Process Timeline for Rising Sophomores
January 26-March 20
|Consider your Housing Options for next year; do you want to apply to live in a Learning Community? Who will you live with next year? What are your alternate on-campus plans if your preferred living situation does not work out?|
|Housing Selection emails sent to students' Emerson email addresses. This letter will confirm that you are a rising sophomore and under the residency requirement.|
February 18–March 20
|Submit your online Housing Application.|
|You will receive an email regarding your status in Full Suite Selection, Learning Community Selection, Gender Neutral Housing Selection, and/or Open Housing Selection.|
|You will receive an email indicating your randomly selected date and time for you to choose your room.|
April 7–April 17
|Housing Selection Process takes place.|
Housing Selection Timeline
February 2–February 13
For Rising Juniors only: Rising Juniors who wish to participate in the Rising Junior Housing Lottery must submit a $300 deposit during this time.
Residency Requirement exemption requests are due to OHRL. All students who would like to request an exemption for 2015-2016 must submit an exemption request, even those students who were previously granted an exemption.
If you have a medical, psychological and/or physical condition that requires a specific housing accommodation, you must complete a Food and Housing Contract Accommodation Packet and submit to OHRL.