Center for Health & Wellness
Initial nutrition appointments are 45 minutes and cover a variety of topics, including:
- Current diet and medical history
- Weight and weight history
- Exercise and exercise history
- Past medical history
- Goals for best health
Common reasons to see the nutritionist are:
- You are an athlete and want to maintain the best physical condition for performance
- You have an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia, or you have disordered eating without a diagnosis of an eating disorder, and you wish to seek help
- You are underweight or overweight and wish to create goals to help you achieve a healthy weight and lifestyle
- You are of normal weight and are interested in hearing the facts about nutrition as it relates to your general health
- You have a medically related condition such as diabetes, food intolerance or allergy, a heart disease such as hypertension or high cholesterol, or a gastrointestinal disease that requires nutrition intervention/medical nutrition therapy
Students must complete the nutrition assessment form and bring it to their first appointment.
Follow-up appointments are encouraged as a way to continue to work toward your goals. Call us to schedule an initial or follow-up appointment.