Center for Health & Wellness
Pre-Entrance Health Requirements Policy
View a guide to the immunization requirements including acceptable documentation, entrance health form and religious exemption form.
Questions - call the Center for Health and Wellness at 617-824-8666.
Documentation of compliance with all pre-entrance health requirements is due to the Center for Health and Wellness for:
Fall Admission: July 1
Spring Admission: January 4
A Health Hold will remain on a student’s record until full compliance is met.
To receive class schedules and begin classes, and/or move-in to the residence halls, students must:
- Provide certification of immunization as specified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts regulation (105 CMR 220.600);
- Complete the Emerson College Entrance Health form; and
- Complete a TB risk assessment questionnaire.
The following Emerson students are subject to the pre-entrance health requirements policy:
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students;
- Part-time undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in the Communication Sciences and Disorders program; and
- Any full or part-time student on a student or other visa.
Students who fail to demonstrate compliance with all pre-entrance health requirements will not be allowed to begin classes and/or move-in to the residence halls.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts allows for the following exemptions to the immunization regulation:
- Students with a medical condition preventing immunization - must have their clinician complete the medical exemption section of the Entrance Health form.
- Students with a religious belief that conflicts with immunization must complete the Religious Exemption Form.
In situations when one or more cases of a vaccine-preventable or any other communicable disease are present in a school, all students without evidence of immunity including those with medical or religious exemptions are subject to exclusion as described in the Reportable Diseases and Isolation and Quarantine Requirements (105 CMR 300.000).
For immunizations requiring multiple doses of vaccines dates must be current and up to date. The CHW will provide an extension to the due date for the next dose in the series.
Location: 216 Tremont Street, Third Floor, Room 303
Center for Health and Wellness
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
hours of operation
During the school year:
Monday: 9 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am–12 pm, 1–8 pm
Wednesday: 1–8 pm
Thursday & Friday: 9 am–
12 pm, 1–5 pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED