Center for Health & Wellness
A medical emergency is an injury, illness, or sudden event creating an immediate risk to a person's life or long-term health. Emergencies of this nature require immediate assistance from the emergency response system 911.
If you experience an emergency on or off campus, your first response is the same:
Call 911 immediately (Boston Emergency Services). Give them the following information:
- Your name, and the name and approximate age of person experiencing the emergency.
- Location. Be specific: Street name and number or intersection, building, floor, and room number.
- Describe the emergency situation the ill/injured person is experiencing. If the emergency is an accident, specify the type of accident: e.g., a fall, an auto accident, electric shock.
- Provide a callback telephone number.
- Stay on the line until you are told to hang up.
Whenever possible, the Emerson Police Department will facilitate transportation for urgent medical situations on campus. Call the Emerson Police at 617-824-8888 after calling 911. They can provide additional assistance and help direct the emergency responders.
Special Emergency Situations
Other medical situations that do not create an immediate risk still may require an urgent evaluation (within hours of event) by a health care professional. Call the CHW during regular hours, or Emerson Police after hours. (Do not email us regarding emergencies.)
During school breaks, non-urgent care is available at Medical Care Affiliates (MCA), One Boylston Plaza, Boston, 617-262-1500, or any physician's office of your choice. Students treated outside the Center are responsible for all bills incurred.
For consultation with the After Hours On-Call Physician Practice, resident students can do one of the following:
- contact Emerson Police at 617-824-8555
- make a request with a Securitas staff member, located in the lobby of each residence hall
- contact a Resident Assistant to page the Resident Director on duty
Location: 216 Tremont Street, Third Floor, Room 303
Center for Health and Wellness
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
hours of operation
During the school year:
Monday: 9 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am–12 pm, 1–8 pm
Wednesday: 1–8 pm
Thursday & Friday: 9 am–
12 pm, 1–5 pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED