Center for Health & Wellness
MMR (Combined measles, mumps & rubella vaccine): 2 doses OR
- Measles 2 doses
- Mumps 2 doses
- Rubella 2 doses
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses (initial, 1 month and 6 months from first dose)
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis): 1 dose within last 10 years
- Meningococcal Vaccine: 1 dose (within last 5 years) for all undergraduate students
Varicella: 2 doses or proof of disease
- Before age 13, at least 3 months between doses
- After age 13, at least 30 days between doses
- NOTE: two doses required for Communication Disorders majors, regardless of history or age
- No documentation required if born in United States before 1980
If you are unable to provide verification of immunization dates (month/day/year), you may submit a laboratory report of immunity. Contact your clinician to arrange for testing. If you have a medical condition that prevents immunization, have your clinician complete the medical exemption portion of the immunization verification form. If immunization contradicts your religious belief, you may complete a CHW religious exemption agreement.
Students must demonstrate compliance with all pre-entrance health requirements including immunizations to begin classes and/or move-in to the residence halls.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all entering undergraduates to comply with the meningococcal requirement or completion of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health meningococcal waiver form. See detailed information at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health’s website.
Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire
Completion of the questionnaire is required for all students. However, testing is required only for those determined to be at high risk, based on the responses.
The Center for Health and Wellness provides opportunities for students to be immunized or obtain TB skin testing during Orientation Week and throughout the school year. There are additional fees for immunizations.
An order form must be completed to receive the meningococcal vaccine. Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine is not available at the Center.