Center for Health & Wellness
Per the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Boston Department of Public Health, students are required to receive the following vaccines prior to enrollment:
Two doses of MMR vaccine (Measles, mumps & rubella), OR
- Two doses of a measles vaccine + 2 doses of a mumps vaccine + 2 doses of a rubella vaccine, separately
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- One dose of Tdap vaccine within 10 years (Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough), adult dose)
Two doses of Varicella(chicken pox) vaccine, OR immunity by blood titre
- No documentation is required if you were born in the United States before 1980*
- Communication Disorders graduate students are required to have two doses of vaccine or proof of immunity by serology, regardless of history of the disease or age
- For undergraduate students only: One dose of Meningococcal vaccine within 5 years OR a meningococcal waiver (see below)
If you are unable to provide verification of full immunization dates (MM/DD/YYYY format), you may submit a laboratory report of immunity via blood test. Contact your health provider to arrange for blood testing. If you have a medical condition that prevents immunization, have your clinician complete the medical exemption form. If immunization sincerely contradicts your religious belief, you may complete a religious exemption form. Download the Immunization Verification Form for health care provider to complete and the student uses to enter/upload entrance health requirements in the Student Health Portal.
Students must demonstrate compliance with all health requirements prior to entrance, or students will not be permitted to move in to dorms or begin classes.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all undergraduates to either receive a recent Meningococcal vaccine OR complete a Meningococcal waiver form upon entrance to the College. Unfamiliar with meningitis and unsure if you should get the vaccine? See detailed information about the disease from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
The Center offers vaccines against meningitis during our immunization clinics to all undergraduate students and eligible graduate students.
Fall 2014 Immunization Clinics will be posted in August 2014. We do not schedule appointments solely for immunizations.
Vaccines are available while supplies lasts; cost varies depending on the type of vaccine. Students with the Aetna student health plan will have 100% of the cost of the vaccine covered up front. Students with outside insurance may still be vaccinated, and the cost will be charged to their Student Account. Since coverage varies with every insurance plan, cost reimbursement for vaccination is the responsibility of the individual student. The Center does not charge insurance companies directly.
Call us to schedule an appointment!
Location: 216 Tremont Street, 3rd Floor, Room 303
Center for Health and Wellness
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
This is for non-emergencies only. Please schedule appointments by phone.