Professional Development Experience
The 1-Credit Professional Development Experience (PDE) is a pilot program for the Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014 semesters. This program is open to eligible undergraduate students, and allows students to apply for 1-credit for a qualifying experience.
Basic Requirements include:
- Students must have completed a minimum of 2 semesters of college level work, with at least one semester at Emerson, and have a minimum Emerson GPA of 3.0.
- The 1-credit PDE requires a minimum of 60 hours of work to be completed over a 2-12 week period. The experience must be registered in one of the 3 regular terms: Fall, Spring, or Summer.
- If approved, the student will pay tuition for 1-credit for the term in which the experience is registered. See Student Services for tuition rates.
Note: Students can access the full policies and course requirements in the Resource Library on eHire.
- Student is offered an experience that meets the criteria for the 1-credit PDE.
- Student emails Kate Privert (email@example.com) for instructions and link to workshop.
- Student views the required PDE workshop, and fills out the PDE form (accessible on eHire).
- Kate Privert reviews the form, and sends it to the host organization supervisor designated by the student, along with a link to the host organization supervisor form.
- Kate Privert sends both forms to the Faculty Sponsor to review.
- If the Faculty Sponsor approves the Experience, he or she notifies Academic Affairs.
- Student is enrolled in PDE course in their department, and notified to pay tuition (if necessary).
- Student and Faculty Sponsor discuss dates and deadlines for Course Requirements.
- Student begins the Experience.
eHire connects students and alumni with internships, jobs, and resources that meet a variety of career needs in the fields of the arts and communication.
Call our Front Desk at 617-824-8586 for the fastest and easiest way to make an appointment.