Each fall and spring semester, Career Services hosts the Internship Fair with 50 employers offering internship opportunities for Emerson students. The range of organizations is diverse within the arts and communication fields. In recent years, the Boston Ballet, The Boston Globe, Cone, Gray & Rice PR, Houghton Mifflin, The Rock & Roll Library, and WGBH were just a few of the organizations represented.
Fall 2015 Internship Fair
Wednesday, October 28th, 1-4pm
Courtyard Marriott Boston
An internship fair is an excellent place for you to explore opportunities at a number of organizations at the same time. You are able to speak directly with representatives from the organizations and gather information about the available internships. It also helps you connect with employers better than if you just send résumés to email addresses.
Some quick tips for how to prepare for an internship fair:
- Check out who will be at the fair and make a list of employers you want to talk to.
- Research your target companies and develop some questions that you can ask.
- Create an introduction you can use when you walk up to an employer’s table.
- Make copies of your résumé and bring them with you in a folder.
- Be prepared to talk with employers about what you are looking for in an internship, as well as what you have to offer them (skills, past experience, etc).
- Dress professionally.
You are not limited to internships promoted at the internship fair. LionHire hosts thousands of internship opportunities that may meet your internship goals.