Emerson College offers educational programs that prepare graduates to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in communication and the arts, and to pursue scholarship and work that brings innovation to these disciplines.
With over 4,400 undergraduate and graduate students from 45 states and over 40 countries, the college continues to explore and push the boundaries of communication, art, and culture and, thereby, to contribute to the advancement of society. Emerson is internationally recognized in its fields of specialization, which are: communication studies; marketing communication; journalism; communication sciences and disorders; visual and media arts; the performing arts; and writing, literature and publishing.
Serving undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni, Career Services wants students and alumni to learn about themselves, what kinds of opportunities exist for them, and how to take the next steps in their individual career planning process. By providing a number of resources and services, including individual career counseling, internship guidance, opportunities to connect with employers, online career planning resources, and assistance with the development and implementation of job search strategies, students and alumni are able to work towards successfully achieving their career development goals.
- How can you promote your opportunities to our students and alumni? Establish a LionHire account to post your internship and part-time or full-time openings. Our LionHire job/internship board is available to undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni on a 24/7 basis.
- Interested in connecting in person with our talented students? Conduct an on-campus information session in the Career Services Conference Room in the fall or spring to promote your internship openings to targeted groups of students.
- Want to network with several qualified undergraduate and graduate students at one time? Consider participating in our biannual internship fairs held in the fall and spring semesters, where an average of 300 – 350 candidates attend these events.
- Would you like to share your industry knowledge with our students? Participate as a speaker on a future career panel.
- Interested in learning more about what’s trending now at Emerson College Career Services? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Questions about Employer Services: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.824.8586.
Emerson College expects that an internship will follow the criteria of the National Association of Colleges and Employers, NACE. Our internship requirements include:
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- Interns will work within a professional office environment, with a commercial lease. There is supervision and routine feedback by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals. Students should not provide their own computer, cell phone, camera, or any other equipment for duties related to their internship.
- View our comprehensive list of For Credit Internship Policies for Students and Employers (Host Organizations). The College allows students who meet the prerequisites for the internship course to apply for credit for an internship.
- For information about unpaid or paid internships, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s website on wages.
- Questions about Internships: Contact the Internship Coordinator at email@example.com or 617.824.8586.