Emerson’s Career Services offers opportunities to attract and recruit our talented students and alumni:
- online job and internship postings
- on-campus interviewing and information sessions
- internship fairs
- visits to your organization
- speaking opportunities
To learn more and to discuss specific strategies, please contact Mary_Sullivan@emerson.edu.
Recruit talented Emerson students and alumni.
Post a job at Emerson College using eHire
Employers can advertise positions through eHire, Emerson College’s online job database. There is no fee to register and post positions with Emerson College.
All eHire accounts and postings are pending approval. Career Services reserves the right to deny any company or organization access to eHire. Please be advised that new accounts and postings can take up to 3–5 business days to be processed.
Emerson College expects that interns will work within a professional office environment, with a commercial lease. As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), Emerson College also expects that their internship will follow the below criteria:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals. Students should not provide their own computer, cell phone, camera, or any other equipment for duties related to their internship.
Internship Fairs at Emerson
Each fall and spring semester, we coordinate an internship fair for organizations to advertise internships and recruit Emerson students. Internship Fairs provide an opportunity to share company information, meet with prospective interns, and collect résumés from qualified students. Undergraduate and graduate students from all programs typically attend so you can count on a diverse and solid candidate pool.
Check out upcoming internship fairs »
Tables are limited and fill up quickly. Registration is done online by invitation only. The employer registration fee for for-profit organizations is $100 and for qualifying nonprofit organizations it is $40.
If you would like to receive an invitation to participate in our fairs, please send the company information and internship description(s) to Mary_Sullivan@emerson.edu for consideration.
Recruiting and On-Campus Interviewing at Emerson
Emerson’s recruiting season runs through the fall semester from September through December and through the spring semester from January through April. Employers are encouraged to spend a day on campus to interview candidates.
Contact Mary_Sullivan@emerson.edu for further information and/or to schedule a time and a date.
Emerson boasts an exceptional internship program. Most of our internship sites are located in Boston and Los Angeles, but many of our students complete internships throughout the world in cities such as New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago, Atlanta, Geneva, and Istanbul.
Boston and Beyond
Employers interested in hiring Emerson interns can post internship opportunities online through eHire. Remember, when posting your position, it is important to complete all profile fields to attract qualified candidates.
Detailed information on supervising an Emerson intern can be found in the Internship Employer Guide.
Companies located in Los Angeles must contact Kerry McManus at email@example.com, director of internships at Emerson College’s Los Angeles Center, to list an internship.
Looking for an Intern or Employee?
eHire connects students and alumni with internships, jobs, and resources that meet a variety of career needs in the fields of the arts and communication.