Office of Student Employment
Posting a Job
The Office of Student Employment has a simple process to help supervisors post student employment jobs and find the right match for each position.
New student supervisors must meet with the student employment coordinator prior to receiving access to the SE web management system and timesheets. Supervisors will receive training on all student employment policies and procedures, the Student Employment web management system, and student web time entry.
Once you are authorized to post jobs:
- Log into PeopleAdmin using your Emerson username and password. **Make sure that the page is set to Applicant Tracking and from Employee to Student Supervisor.
- Select Requisition (at the top of the page). If this is a previously created job, select Create from Requisition. If this is a newly created job, select Create from Position Type.
- For a new position, Input Position Type > Department > Create New Requisition.
- Complete all fields as required.
- Upon completion of posting, select Take Action on Requisition. Approving the Requisition will send the job to Student HR for approval. Upon approval, the Student Supervisor will receive an email notifying that the job can be posted.
- The student employment coordinator may approve, deny, or edit the postings as necessary.
- Once posted, applicants will be able to apply to your post. You can view your applicants on PeopleAdmin. You can also choose to Invite to Interview or Hire (see Hiring tab for further instruction).
Supervisors can typically begin to post:
- August 1 (Fall semester jobs)
- December 1 (Spring semester jobs)
- April 15 (Summer jobs)