Office of Student Employment


Student Forms

All students must complete W-4 and I-9 forms before they can be authorized to work. To complete these forms, students should visit the Office of Financial Aid located at 216 Tremont St, 4th floor.


IRS form W-4 is the Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. This certificate determines how much tax is withheld from an employee’s paycheck each pay period. Please note: the number of allowances claimed on the W-4 is not necessarily the number that will be claimed on your federal tax returns. The “exempt” status is only allowed for one year. Students who claim “exempt” are required to complete a new W-4 at the beginning of the new calendar year. International students cannot claim “exempt” status on the W-4 form.

The Office of Financial Aid cannot provide students with advice regarding their tax exemptions. Students should fully read and understand the form before filling it out. If you feel you need further advice regarding tax status, we encourage you to consult with a certified public accountant or tax specialist.

Download the W-4


United States Citizenship and Immigration Services form I-9 is the Employment Eligibility Verification form. This form verifies that you are legally eligible to work in the United States. To determine eligibility to work, students must provide acceptable documentation. Documents presented to complete the I-9 form must be originals. Faxes and photocopies cannot be accepted. Laminated Social Security cards cannot be accepted, as they are invalid. If a document submitted as identification requires a signature and is not signed, it will be considered invalid, and the student must provide an alternate form of identification. Students may not use any form of expired identification to establish identity and eligibility. This form must be filled out by the student, in person, at the Office of Financial Aid.

A list of acceptable documentation can be found here.

Direct Deposit 

Instructions: Setting up your direct deposit

Supervisor Forms

Re-hire Forms:

New Position/FOAPL

F-1 Certification for International Students

Confidentiality Agreement

Service Work Study Form

Need Assessment Form