Events on Wednesday, April 24, 2013
How to get Film/Video Production Work in Boston
Apr2420136:15 pm - 7:15 pmAnsin Building
Sponsored by Department of Visual and Media Arts with VM240-03 Video Production Class
VM240 Intro to Video Production Presents: Tim Van Patten
Tim Van Patten has been the manager of Central Booking Service since 1994. Central Booking Service is a scheduling and referral service for professionals in the film and video industry. Tim has placed crew on productions in New England ranging from corporate videos to major features. Tim collaborates with the Massachusetts Film Office, IATSE Local 481, and local production companies to promote film production in New England. He is a founding board member of the Massachusetts Production Coalition Tim received his M.Ed in counseling in 2000, and enjoys assisting freelancers develop their skills and advance in their set departments.
Among other topics, his talk will touch upon:
- how to shape your experience and education on your resume
- different facets of the market, including indie cinema, corporate, hollywood movies, etc.
- work prospects for recent film school graduates, locally and nationally
- current and near future landscape for production work in the greater Boston area
- changes in what Producers are asking for in terms of skills, gear, experience, etc.
- reflections on the personal qualities required to succeed in this field
- samples of good and bad resumes