Faculty Development and Research Council
The Faculty Development and Research Council (FDRC) advises the College administration on issues that affect the research success of our faculty and students, including policies and procedures which will enhance the ability of the College to realize its potential for distinction in research, creative and scholarly activities. The FDRC will gather information and report to Faculty Assembly on both faculty research and faculty mentoring activities taking place at the departmental, school and college levels. In addition, members of the FDRC shall establish standing procedures for the awarding of relevant internal grant programs and external limited submission funders and shall serve as reviewers for those programs.
The FDRC shall consist of full-time faculty members, one representing and elected by the faculty within each department plus a representative from the Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies. Representatives shall be elected by the April meeting of the Faculty Assembly. The FDRC is co-chaired by the Executive Director of Research and Creative Scholarship, and a faculty member elected from the FDRC membership.
2016-2017 Faculty Development and Research Council
- Eric Asetta (Co-Chair), Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
- Vinoth Jagaroo, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- TBD, Communication Studies
- Douglas Struck, Journalism
- Anthony Lowrie, Marketing Communication
- Sarah Hickler, Performing Arts
- De-nin Lee, Visual and Media Arts
- Doug Whynott, Writing, Literature and Publishing
- Betsy Baeten, Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies