Parents Leadership Council
The Emerson College Parent Programs staff is your gateway to everything at Emerson.
We help you stay connected to the Emerson community. We are able to provide general campus assistance, but more importantly, we connect you with the appropriate offices and departments when needed. Our office also provides occasions for you to connect as members of the Parents Leadership Council.
Parents Leadership Council:
The Parents Leadership Council is designed to engage parents, enrich student experiences, and strengthen the College’s financial foundation through enhanced communication and meaningful opportunities for parent involvement within the College community. All parents of Emerson undergraduate students are members of the Parents Leadership Council (PLC). The Parents Leadership Council provides opportunity for Emerson parents to serve as the principal volunteer group of the College. They represent the larger parent community to college staff, faculty and administrators. Parents can volunteer for regional and on-campus events.
As a member of the PLC you receive:
- Our Parent Newsletter, published electronically monthly
- Invitations to participate in campus and local events
- Access to the Parent Programs website and private Facebook group
- The opportunity to contribute your time, talent or treasures to Emerson
Sample volunteer activities include:
- Hosting Summer Welcome Receptions
- Participating in the Welcome Call Campaign
- Attending PLC meetings (twice yearly)
- Volunteering at Orientation and/or Family Weekend.
Parent Programs: (617) 824-8561
Parent Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Website: emerson.edu/parents
Parent Giving: emerson.edu/giving
Emerson Parent Julie Lieberman
Emerson College parent Julie Lieberman shares what it's like to be an Emerson parent—from the admission tour and move-in to her son's projects and how Emerson prepares him for the real world. Watch now »