2012 Parent Programs Events
Each July and August, Emerson families host Summer Welcome Receptions for incoming freshmen, transfer students, and their parents, to welcome them into our Emerson Family.
We try to plan receptions in areas where we have large numbers of incoming students, this way as many incoming students as possible are able to attend.
Scheduled receptions include:
- Brooklyn, NY - July 14 - 3:00–5:00 pm - Stevens Family P'11 & P'14
- Flanders, NJ - July 19 - 7:00–9:00 pm - Richlin Family P'15
- San Francisco, CA - July 21 - 3:00–5:00 pm - Crouse & Bowen Family P'15
- Sunapee, NH - July 26 - 6:00–8:00 pm - Peel Family P'14
- Franklin, MA - July 26 - 7:00–9:00 pm - Schratz Family P'16
- Pasadena, CA - July 27 - 7:00–9:00 pm - Ong Family P'14
- Jefferson, MD - August 4 - 3:00–5:00 pm - McCarthy Family P'15
- Orange, CT - August 8 - 7:00–9:00 pm - Sandillo Family P'15
- South Windsor, CT - August 9 - 6:30–9:00 pm - Fiskoff Family P'15
- Westford, MA - August 9 - 7:00–9:00 pm - Tucke & Pearson Family P'15
- Providence, RI - August 22 - 6:00–8:30 pm - Alumni Relations *Contact Mandy Darnell for more information.
For specific reception details and location addresses, please RSVP for the reception nearest to you, by contacting Mandy Darnell or calling 617-824-8561. Event details are also available on the Parent Programs Facebook Page.
If you are interested in hosting please contact Mandy Darnell, Assistant Director, Parent Programs, or call 617-824-8561.
(International Parents Orientation begins August 25, 2012)
Fall Parent Orientation takes place during Move-In week, and is an opportunity for parents to ask any questions they may have regarding their student's life at Emerson. Parent Orientation is also a good opportunity for parents to learn more about Parent Programs and the many ways they can get involved with Emerson College.
Opportunities to learn more about Parent Programs during Parents Orientation include:
- Welcome Reception - August 27 - Bill Bordy Theater - 9:00 am–7:00 pm
- Welcome Reception - August 28 - Bill Bordy Theater - 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- Parent Programs Information Session - August 28 - Walker RM 233 - 11:30 am–12:15 pm
- Parent Programs Information Session - August 28 - Walker RM 233 - 1:00–1:45 pm
Join us at the Parents Leadership Council Fall Meeting Breakfast on Saturday, October 20, from 8:00-9:30 am at the Ritz-Carlton (10 Avery Street), to meet fellow parents learn more about the PLC and how to be involved, finalize a schedule for the year, and brainstorm incentives, volunteer opportunities, and committees. The featured speaker will be President M. Lee Pelton.
The Parents Leadership Council is designed to engage parents, enrich student experiences, and strengthen the College’s financial foundation through enhanced communication and meaningful opportunities for parent involvement within the College community. We encourage families interested in philanthropy and volunteer opportunities within Parent Programs to join the PLC. RSVP by October 16 to email@example.com.
Please direct questions to Mandy Darnell.
Register online for Emerson’s 51st Annual Family Weekend.
Please join us on Thursday, November 15, at 6:00 pm at the Waterman Grille (4 Richmond Square, Providence) for a reception featuring Senator Beatrice A. Lanzi '91 and Student Government Association President and Rhode Island native Tau Zaman '13. They will be addressing the impact Emerson College has had on shaping their lives and careers.
This is a free event, and light refreshments will be served.
Please contact Mandy to RSVP. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-824-8561.
Ready, set, bid!
The Alumni Association Online Scholarship Auction begins November 2 at 8:00 am! Support the Emerson College Alumni Association Scholarship by bidding online on items such as travel packages, show tickets, autographed memorabilia, and more.
Since its inaugural year in 2006, the Alumni Association Scholarship has awarded a total of $39,000 in scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students. A student's education starts with your bid. For a preview of some of the great items you can bid on, visit the auction's bidding website. The auction ends on November 30.
Please join us for refreshments and an exciting, interactive panel with GOLD alumni (Graduates of the Last Decade) at the CBS Studio Center in LA on Saturday, March 2, 2013. Young alumni will share their experiences working in LA, how Emerson helped them break into their careers, and the importance of the Emerson brand. This is a free event and space is limited.
Register now! If you have any questions, please call 617-824-8561.
Join us for this annual showcase of student work on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 7:30 pm. The event will be hosted in the Harmony Gold Preview House. Following the festival, enjoy an evening reception with Emerson College industry alumni, faculty, and parents featuring an open beer & wine bar and food. For more information please contact Alumni Relations or visit the website and register today.