Office of the Arts

Alumni & Off-Campus Users

Venues available to license

The Cutler Majestic Theatre, Paramount Center Mainstage, Jackie Liebergott Black Box, and Bright Family Screening Room are available for licensing.

Booking Period

The Booking period begins May 1 of each year for the succeeding 12 months.

Requests to License Space

For the Bright Family Screening Room, please complete and submit the BFSR Request Form (PDF).

For the Cutler Majestic Theatre, Paramount Center Mainstage and the Jackie Liebergott Black Box, email requests to license space to

Please include the following in your request.

  • Your name and contact information, including phone number and email address.
  • Venue Requested
  • Event Name and Event Date
  • Short description of the event.

Please note that classrooms, rehearsal studios and practice rooms are unavailable for external or alumni use.

Licensees are expected to provide, among other things, the following:

  1. Sign a Standard License Agreement outlining terms and costs of use; Generally, the costs fall into five categories:
    • License Fee, by Day, covers space use, upkeep, equipment, and administration.
    • Set-up Fee, by Event, covers reservation processing, event planning, staff recruiting, coordinating, and such structural support costs.
    • Event Equipment costs cover specialized gear such as portable seating, stage lights, projections, and audio.
    • Emerson College Event Staff who must be present to support your event.
    • Rates vary based on the needs of each Licensee.
  2. Provide a current, original signed IRS W-9 form;
  3. Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance 20 days before load-in, in the amount of $3MM aggregate, $1MM per occurrence. The agreement reads: "Said policies shall name as Additional Insured, “Emerson College, its affiliates, officers, directors, trustees, volunteers, students, and employees” and other such parties of which EC shall give Licensee notice from time to time. Such insurance policy shall include a waiver of subrogation against any of the Indemnities and Licensee hereby waives any recovery against the Indemnities related to any such matter.”
  4. Pay a non-returnable deposit at signing;
  5. Sell all single tickets sales through the Office of the Arts online and theatre box offices;
  6. Use Office of the Arts exclusive caterer for any food, alcohol, or beverage service;
  7. Deposit with Emerson College the full projected settlement costs prior to load-in; Final settlement and payment of ticketing proceeds occurs about a week after the last performance.

For additional info, you may also contact:

Rebecca Frank: 617.824.8933;