Readmission After a Leave of Absence Policy
Students are eligible to be readmitted to the College up to two years from the date of their Leave of Absence. To be readmitted, students must submit an Online Request for Readmission to the Academic Advising Center.
The following criteria will be considered when a request for readmission to Emerson College is submitted:
- GPA at Emerson at time of your leave
- The number of credits you earned at the time of your leave
- Your overall standing at Emerson at the time of your leave
- Your activities during your leave
Important Information for Readmitted Students
Beginning in Fall 2008, students who enter or transfer to Emerson College are required to adhere to the new residency requirements. This applies to readmitted students as well. Students are responsible for following these requirements. Please contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life at 617-824-8620 to discuss your housing options.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life has established the following deadlines for housing applications:
- Fall semester – June 1
- Spring semester – December 1
If you are attending, or have attended, another college or university, please arrange for an official transcript to be sent to the Registrar’s Office, Emerson College, 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116-4624. The Registrar’s Office will determine the number of transferable credits from your previous institution(s). If you are currently attending a college or university, the Academic Advising Center reserves the right to ask for a mid-semester grade report from that institution.
To facilitate the registration process, the normal tuition deposit will be deferred and will be reflected on your first semester bill. The following dates are subject to change. For updates and information, call the Office of Student Accounts at 617-824-8655
- Students returning for the fall semester will be sent a statement of their account including all appropriate charges during July. Payment is due August 1.
- Students returning for the spring semester will be sent a statement of their account including all appropriate charges during December. Payment is due January 2.
Financial Assistance (US citizens & permanent residents)
Deadlines for Financial Aid are strictly adhered to and late applications will be considered on a funds-available basis.
- Students returning for the fall semester must complete their Financial Assistance application by April 15.
- Students returning for the spring semester must complete their Financial Assistance application by December 1.
Additional information for all readmitted students concerning financial aid is provided on the Financial Aid website. If you have further questions, contact Office of Financial Aid at 617-824-8655 or at email@example.com.
International Students – F-1 Student Visa
International students MUST submit certification of finances to the International Student Affairs Office in order to receive a new I-20 Form (Certificate of Eligibility). For more information, contact the International Student Affairs Office at 617-824-7858.
Please contact the Center for Health & Wellness (617-824-8666) immediately to verify that your records are complete and up-to-date. Students must comply with state and college health requirements in effect at the time of their readmission.
For more information: Lynn Butkovsky