NEASC team to meet with community
April 04, 2013
April 04, 2013
From April 7-10, Emerson College will host a visiting team from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) for the College’s 10-year re-accreditation.
On Monday, April 8, from 4:00-5:00 PM, the team will convene open forum meetings for the community. This will be an opportunity for members of the community to speak directly with team members. Staff members will meet in the Charles Beard Room of the Little Building; faculty will meet in the Semel Theater in the Tufte Performance and Production Center; and students will meet in the Multipurpose Room in Piano Row.
“Many staff, faculty, and students have worked on their self-study report,” said Emerson President Lee Pelton. “I thank them for their good work, especially the co-chairs of the Steering Committee: Vice President for Academic Affairs Linda Moore and Associate Professor in the Department of Performing Arts Mary Harkins.”
“A re-accreditation review creates a time for reflection regarding the wonderful progress Emerson College has made in the last 10 years,” Pelton said, “and a platform to inform our next steps to achieve our vision to be the best college for arts and communication in the world. I hope you will join me in welcoming the visiting team members to our campus.”
The visiting team members include:
- Dr. Jeffrey Herbst (team chair), President, Colgate University
- Dr. Krista Maywalt Aronson, Associate Professor of Psychology, Bates College
- Lawrence Epstein, Associate Teaching Professor and Director, Entertainment and Arts Management Program, Drexel University, and Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design
- Shawn Harrington, Vice President for Finance and Administration, University of Saint Joseph
- Dr. John King, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Interim Provost, Columbia College Chicago
- Mary Moroney, Director of Library Services, Bryant University
- Dr. Joseph Voelker, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, University of Hartford