Emerson teams ready for playoffs
October 20, 2011
October 20, 2011
Emerson Athletics is gearing up for the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) playoffs as they wrap up a successful fall sports season. The Women’s Tennis, Women’s and Men’s Cross Country, Women’s Volleyball, and Men’s Soccer teams have all secured spots in post-season action. The Women’s Soccer team is awaiting the results of two more games before they will know their post-season prospects.
“Emerson Athletics could not be more proud of all the hard work the teams have put in over this fall season, on and off their fields of play," said Athletics Director Kristen Parnell. "It has paid off in their advancement to the playoffs.”
The playoff games that have been scheduled thus far are listed below. The Athletics Department invites the Emerson community to attend the games to cheer on their fellow Emersonians in the post-season. Live stats for the games will also be available online at http://livestats.prestosports.com/emerson/.
- Women’s Tennis finished the regular season in 2nd place in the GNAC. The team will play in the semi-finals on Saturday, October 22, at 6 pm at the Sportsmen's Tennis & Enrichment Center (950 Blue Hill Avenue Dorchester) against Emmanuel College. If Emerson wins on Saturday, they will move on to the GNAC finals October 23 at the highest remaining seed’s home court. (Simmons College is currently in first place.)
- Emerson and Emmanuel College Cross Country teams will co-host the GNAC championship, which includes all the conference teams, on Saturday, October 29, at Franklin Park. The Women’s meet is at 11:45 am and Men’s is at 12:35 pm.
- Women’s Volleyball, which is currently in first place with a 9-0 record this season, will play in the quarter-finals Tuesday, November 1, at 7 pm in the Bobbi Brown and Steven Plofker Gym. They have four more regular season matches before then, and if they win three of them they will be the first place team as they enter the playoffs.
- The Men’s Soccer team, which is in second place in the GNAC, will play in the quarter finals on Sunday, October 30, at 1 pm at Rotch Field.
- The Women’s Soccer team is awaiting the results of the Suffolk University versus Rivier College game tonight (October 20). If Suffolk loses, and Emerson beats them in their last regular season matchup on Saturday (October 22), then Emerson will advance to the playoffs. The game against Suffolk on Saturday is at 2 pm at Rotch Field. The potential first playoff game is scheduled for November 1.
Check the Emerson Athletics website for all updates to the playoffs schedules.