Emerson Alumni Association Scholarship Auction offers uniquely Emersonian items
May 21, 2010
May 21, 2010
The fifth annual Emerson College Alumni Association Scholarship Auction opened May 20, and in true Emerson style includes many quirky and interesting items up for grabs.
Using their industry connections, many alumni helped Emerson secure such things as:
- a walk-on role in the HBO TV series Big Love, contributed by David Knoller, executive producer and director of Big Love, secured by Kevin Bright '76
- a framed limited edition print commemorating ABC-TV's Lost autographed by the cast members, including Matthew Fox, Naveen Andrews, Terry O'Quinn, Daniel Dae Kim, Evangeline Lilly, and Michael Emerson, donated by Dan and Denise Richards P'11
- VIP tickets to a taping of Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place, contributed by creator and executive producer Todd Greenwald '91
- tickets to Saturday Night Live, donated by supervising producer Ken Aymong P'11
- tickets to Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards, donated by supervising producer Greg Sills, secured by Kevin Bright '76
- a guest DJ slot on WERS-FM 88.9, donated by WERS-FM general manager Jack Casey '69
The online auction is open to all Emerson alumni, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public. Emerson's Alumni Relations office is still accepting items and will be updating its catalog with new items as they come in.
Following the close of the online auction on Tuesday, June 2, at 4:00 pm, certain items will be carried over to the silent auction at the InterContinental hotel over Alumni Weekend, June 4–6.
Proceeds from the auction go to the Alumni Association Scholarship fund, which provides much-needed financial support to graduate and undergraduate students.