The Emerson College Library provides circulating iPads for full-time Emerson students, faculty, and staff to explore the educational and research opportunities presented by mobile, gesture-based computing devices.
- Check out iPads at the Service Desk. Use of the iPads is open to anyone with a valid Emerson College ID card. This does not include Fenway Library Consortium users, Emerson alumni borrowers, or Department of Professional Studies and Special Programs students. You must present your Emerson ID card when checking out an iPad.
- Library iPads can leave the Library, but do not leave the iPad unattended at any time, because you are financially liable for loss of or damage to the Library's iPads. When checking out an iPad and its accessories, you must fill out a waiver form accepting full responsibility.
- If there is a problem with an iPad, return it to the Service Desk and explain the problem. Support for connecting the keyboard cover is available online.
- You are responsible for returning the iPad on time. You will be charged $15 per day for an iPad returned past the due time.
- These iPads connect to Emerson's wireless network and any other wireless service that you have access to, but they do not have Cellular service (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon). They are not set up to print to Emerson's networked printers.
- iPads are refreshed to the Library's default settings between check-outs. If you wish to add any apps to the iPad during the loan period, you must use your own Apple ID and, if necessary, purchase those apps yourself. Those apps will be deleted from the iPad when it is returned. If you wish to delete your data or settings yourself before returning the iPad to the Library, please go into the Settings, select General on the left, scroll down to Reset on the bottom right, and either select Reset All Settings or Erase All Content and Settings.
- Neither the Library nor the College is responsible for damage to any external drive, computer, or for any loss of data, damage, or liability that may occur from use of the Library's computers or malfunctioning Library hardware or software.
- After using an iPad, please complete our short feedback survey so that we can improve this service. Thank you.