International Student Affairs

Sevis Holds

It is extremely important that you maintain proper documentation while studying at Emerson College. 

Per the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations, international students (F-1 or J-1 visa types) must present a current and valid passport, visa, I-20 (or DS-2019 form), and I-94 card to the Office of International Student Affairs every semester to legally enroll at the College. 

After the first day of classes of a given semester, students have 10 days to produce the necessary documentation. If you do not produce the required valid documents, you will be subject to unenrollment if you are already registered for classes. You will also be subject to termination in SEVIS, resulting in loss of your immigration status.

U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website